Account Managers are investment professionals who have a broad range of client responsibilities that include: developing plan-level and portfolio-level investment objectives, utilizing the firm's state-of-the-art analytics capabilities and macroeconomic forecasts, coordinating with portfolio managers to monitor portfolios, updating clients about global macroeconomic conditions and portfolio performance and attribution, outlining the firm's current outlook and strategy, and educating clients about a broad set of investment strategies, products and services. Positions available in Newport Beach, New York, London, Munich, Rio de Janeiro, Tokyo, Hong Kong.
Product Managers serve as strategy experts responsible for the development and oversight of the wide-variety of PIMCO's investment product areas such as credit, emerging markets, mortgage, long duration, structured products, absolute return, inflation-linked, and derivative-based products providing exposure to equities, real estate and commodities. Product Managers take a lead role in the development of new investment strategies and ongoing support of existing strategies. Product Managers work closely with portfolio managers on the development of new investment strategies and often serve as a portfolio manager surrogate in business development and marketing initiatives, including participation in conferences and road shows. In addition, Product Managers actively contribute to the Firm's overall investment strategy and economic outlook development process. Positions available in Newport Beach and London.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for developing, presenting and executing specific trades in various sectors that are part of our overall fixed-income strategy. The most important function of this role is to maximize return consistent with client objectives. Other functions of this role include:
- Developing, presenting and executing thoughtful trading strategies to achieve specific objectives and/or recommend alternative strategies for achieving the firm's fixed income strategies
- Preparing daily research notes and frequent market updates on news and trading levels
- Participating in the development of the firm's short and long-term financial forecasts, as well as the strategies on which they are based
- Supporting account managers by updating existing account base on market conditions, philosophy, process and performance
Positions available in Newport Beach, New York, London and Munich.
Credit Research Analyst
Credit Research Analysts analyze various industries and the companies within them and make investment recommendations to PIMCO's portfolio managers group. They also provide analytical support for the firm's portfolio managers by highlighting risks and making investment recommendations on specific companies. Credit analysts at PIMCO specialize in a number of industries and cover all levels of the debt capital structure - investment grade bonds, high yield ("junk") bonds, bank debt and convertibles. Summer interns will work along-side our seasoned Credit Analysts, supporting them in their coverage responsibilities, while learning about the various industries and day-to-day responsibilities. Positions available in Newport Beach and Hong Kong.
Businesses Recruiting MBA Candidates at PIMCO
(Supported by Account Analysts & Internal Sales Analysts)
|Client portfolio specialist: responsible for the PIMCO relationship with clients
(Supported by Product Analysts)
|Strategy expert: develops product/vehicle areas as businesses
(Supported by Portfolio Analysts & Cash Desk Analysts)
|Portfolio strategist: performs core research and/or trading activities
Key candidate characteristics
- Analytical ability
- Passion for macroeconomics
- Strategic consultation skills
- Communication skills
- Relationship-building ability
- Intellectual curiosity
- Product-specific expertise
- Analytical ability, strategic
- Passion for macroeconomics
- Communication & writing skills
- Hunger for innovation
- Quantitative rigor
- Desire for a high-pressure, high-activity environment (trading)
- Persuasive communication abilities
- Passion for idea generation